Thursday, September 16, 2010

Rock Around The Park

We are getting our plans in place to go to the third annual Rock Around The Park in November. Basically it's a "rockabilly day" at Disneyland. We went last year and had a blast and we can't wait to go again. I know that it is not for everyone, but we love Disneyland... It's good, clean, retro fun at it's finest, and even better when there are car shows and concerts to compliment the park!
It happens in Mid-November, which is great timing. The weather is perfect (well, it was last year- neither too warm nor too cold) and it is before the holiday rush hits (meaning hardly any long lines!). Not to mention that RATP is the first weekend that Disneyland is transformed for Christmas. That means the Huanted Mansion become Nightmare Before Christmas, Sleeping Beauty's Castle is covered in "snow," and there are a million other adorable details as well.
Last year it was just Tob and me (and some friends we met up with), but this year my parents and siblings will be joining us. Not that they are into the rockabilly aspect, but they have been looking forward to going to Disneyland as a family for the first time in nearly 10 years (I was 16, and my little brother was only 6! I can hardly wait! Hopefully Rob and I will have a chance to steal away for some beach time as well.


5 comments:

Kim Bombshell said...

What's the date on this? Maybe Frank and I will take the kids our of school to go to this. I'm going to the Rhythm Rocker in October so it depends on if I go crazy with the vendors.

Nicole said...

This year there is an all-ages Sock Hop on Saturday 11/13 and the Disneyland day is Sunday, 9/14.

Our friends and my parents are totalling pulling kids out of school for this!

Nicole said...

Um, I meant 11/14. :)

Miss Dollie DeVille said...

I went to this last year! It was a lot of fun. I wish I could find myself in that huge pic. ha ha. We want to go again this year, but our season passes expire two weeks before this event, and since we just bought a house, I think we were planning not to renew. They raised the prices too, so its about $100 a person for one day....and thats a lot.... ha ha.

Nicole said...

It is not cheap, especially when you live over a thousand miles away! Last year Rob and I called it our delayed honeymoon (we were married in 08 but didn't do a honeymoon), but I'm not sure how we are justifying it this year. W're creative though, so I'm sure we'll find a way. ;)

It was just so worth the money last year and this may be the last family vacation we go on before trying to start up our own. Rob would kill me if he read that, ha!