Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bad Blogger and 8 Questions


I know I am a bad blogger and I am really not surprised. Not sure why I thought that attempting something else time-consuming would be easy. While I read my favorite blogs every day, I have avoided actually writing because I feel bad that I am not good at this, I feel bad that no one reads it, and I feel bad that I sort of don't even want anyone to read it... It's almost embarrassing for me to admit to people I know that I even have one. I wanted to start this so I could write down all the thoughts that I have, but then I started to worry that someone would take something the wrong way and here I am, edited in yet another space. Because, work, facebook, and anywhere outside of my house isn't enough. Oh well.

So I guess I will just continue with the idea that this is for me, and I will stop worry whether people are or aren't reading, especially because I'm not sure which is worse.

Here are eight questions that I took from Desiree's blog:

1. What was the first CD/tape/Album you ever bought with your own money?

Harvey Danger's cd. I was in seventh grade and had just discovered "rock" music. I grew up in California and hip hop was all the rage in 1997 in the East Bay. Thanks god for all those cute skater boys who taught me that there were a few other radio stations available!

2. What is your favorite piece of jewelry and why (wedding/e-rings don't count)?

Outside of my w/e rings, I have a lot of jewelry that I love... I have a ring that my mother gave me when I turned 16 that she was given when she turned 16, I have some jewelry that belonged to my father's mother that I love for both the vintage style and the sentimental attachment, and I have a rosary that my mother's parents gave me after my confirmation in the Catholic church. Even though I do not identify myself as religious (I consider myself one of those dreaded secular humanists), I love the rosary for what it represents. Safety, peace, family, tradition, and it is a very beautiful object in and of itself. And while it is NOT jewelry, I decided to put in this category anyway.

3. What's your favorite holiday & why?

Holidays have been different for me ever since my family moved to Colorado. Since we don't get to see our extended family but maybe once a summer, I am going to say that family reunion time is my favorite. Other than that, I love Halloween. I love monsters, vampires, the fall, decorating, bats, candy, scary stories...all of it. Of course I have to give an honorable mention to Christmas and to Independence Day, which I am only including because it is Rob's birthday and he would be sad if I didn't included at least in my top 4.

4. What sound or noise do you love?

I love the little snorty sounds that my Czara dog makes. Not sure why, since she is not a pug, but they are very cute none the less. I also love hearing young children talk, like my little toddler friend Mila. She says the cutest things in the most adorable way. Sure = Shu-wah!

5. What's your favorite curse word?

Umm, really? I love the brashness and versatility of fuck.

6. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?

So many options out there! Of course, I wouldn't call HRIS my dream job so this isn't that hard of a question. I would love to be a pro photographer, a crafty business owner, a bakery owner, a chef, a psychiatrist, a historian, a teacher, or a travel/food show host (Tony Bourdain, if you need me, I am available immediately).

7. What profession would you not like to do?

Sales, police officer, or politician. I don't like presuming that I know what it best for you, and I hate confrontation.

8. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

"It's cool that you didn't believe. You were a good person, and that's enough for us."

4 comments:

Desiree said...

Oooh, I like these! You and Drew would get along so well! He's a total foodie and his dream would be for someone to give him a test kitchen where he can just play and create. He has a total man-crush on Anthony Bourdain! :-)

Heidi said...

Hey! I just started following your blog (after spotting you on Sometimes Sweet - tattoo tues) and I thought you'd feel good to see that someone is following. I feel like you do (about no one following.) It's funny that you think no one is following but from my experience, the only way you end up finding out is when someone disagrees with you and posts something mean or nasty. At those moments I think, "Well, shitty people can't be the ONLY ones reading about my trivial days. They're just confrontational enough to let me know I suck." So, I write for my imaginary followers and myself. haha.

Carly Anne said...

I could not agree more with your answer to the "profession" question...Cubicle life is wildly depressing. Glad I found your blog-you don't suck. ; )

XO
Carly

All this is Grace and Charm
http://allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

Thanks, I'm glad to know I am not the only who feels the way I do about 1. Anthony Bourdain, 2. Blogging, and 3. Cubicles.

:)