Wednesday, December 8, 2010

30 random things, part 1

This came to me as a Facebook note, but in the spirit of posting at least once a week just to keep in the habit of it, I thought I would write here.

1. My mom is in India for work at the moment and I am extremely jealous.

2. My mom's birthday was Monday. For her birthday, my mom got a pineapple up her nose (courtesy of her Indian counterparts). And a Nikon. And I totally stole this picture from her email.


3. My husband was born in Boulder, CO but grew up outside of Minneapolis, MN. Everyone thinks he is from California. I suspect that is because his wife is from California, he takes 95% of his vacations in the great state of CA, he has the Highway 101 sign and palm trees tattooed on his arm and our cars have In and Out and Santa Cruz stickers on them.

4. My poor little Czara had surgery on Monday (for an aural hematoma) and cried all night long. Of course I understood that she was in pain, so I let her sleep in my bed, spooned her all night long, and woke up every time she whimpered to gently comfort her back to sleep. And Rob thinks I spoil her.


5. I may or may not spoil my dogs.

6. I just bought a ton of vintage compacts on ebay. The only one I really wanted I was outbid on this morning. It was adorable, it had a little seahorse on the front. I am not a happy camper.

7.We went with a real Christmas Tree this year. Rob and I have discussed buying a palm tree Christmas tree. That would most likely be fake. For obvious reasons.


8.My house was built in 1953. We bought it in 2008, when it was 55 years young.

9. My favorite non-pet animal as a child were giraffes, but I also love flamingos, penguins, swallows, and seals/sea lions. Rob refers to seals as “his friends.” It’s adorable.

10. I'm 99% done with my Christmas shopping. Which is really bad because the earlier I get done, the more likely I am to go above and beyond my original gift game plan. I just can't stop myself.

No comments: