Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 1- My Current Relationship

I am married to my best friend. At the end of this month we will have been together 5 years and we have been married for about half of that time. We met in 2006 when I was working retail at a mall and he had stopped in to kill some time. I thought that he was far too old and good looking to be in the particular store that I worked at, so I ignored him completely (great customer service!). He kind of hung around for a while, which was strange, but eventually struck up a conversation about music. About an hour later, he finally left after smoothly suggesting that I take down his number.

We talked on the phone for (literally) hours each night for the following few days... we met on a Friday, and "hung out" for the first time that following Wednesday. We had an official date that following Friday. After talking until the early morning, I realized that it would be rude to send him on his way, as he had an hour or more drive back to his house, and so I offered to let him sleep on my floor. The next morning he woke up and said that he didn't feel like going home. And he didn't, pretty much ever again. He made the almost two hour commute to his job, stopped by house on his lunch break, and then came back to my house after work. I believe that he spent exactly one last night at his house before officially moving in.

Yes, in retrospect it was crazy but we were young (20) and very much in love. And it just worked for us. We are both really intense and emotional and it was a very exciting time. Not to say that we didn't have our struggles - we faught, we even broke up once (and almost called off our wedding), but in the end we knew we were where we belonged. And since getting married life has only gotten better. We had a lot of people doubting us and a few even working against us. Once we got married and told the world to back off, everything seemed to fall into place. And every day I fall more and more in love with Rob. I know that I am lucky. He not only an awesome husband, but the best friend I could ask for.

I had this written out much more poetically but I am not sure where that file is so this will have to do. Since I'm sure my creeper husband will eventually read this (he likes to check up on me :P), it probably better kept short anyway - keeps the eye rolls to a minimum.

No comments: