Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Days 8 and 9 - Satisfaction and my future

Day 8 - A moment that I felt the most satisfied with my life.

Hard to say, not because I'm not satisfied with what I have, but I'm not sure that I can think of one specific moment that defines it. I love my husband, but I certainly didn't feel satisfied after our wedding. It was a good feeling buying my first house at 23, but that didn't make me feel wholly satisfied. I guess I hope that the moment of total satiation is still coming. Maybe when I finally have a child or when I finally have the balls to do something that I like with my life. I have to say that the most satisfaction I find is when I am surrounded by my family, especially when I am in California with my extended family.

Other moments of satisfaction include when my dogs are curled up next to me, when I am enjoying good times with my friends and feeling like there is nothing I can't take on head first, or when I am half awake first thing on a weekend morning and Rob and I are just laying there, not doing anything at all.



Day 9 - What I hope my future looks like

I hope to see children and my own business (with friends as business partners). I hope for a long life with my husband. I hope to see my goals met. I hope there is travel and adventure ahead. Mostly I hope to be happy. And I hope that those around me find their happiness too.

I don't know where this life will take me and I don't want to know either. I want to imagine all possibilities fully and hopefully enjoy where I end up. If that makes sense.

No comments: