Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My talented friend Kyle

First of all, I should say that I had an excellent Christmas. I received many thoughtful gifts, including vintage glassware, an external flash for my Nikon, some really great giftcards (container store and MAC), some items for my kitchen, some tiki glasses, and some stuff my mother picked up in India (We all wore Indian garb for Christmas Eve, it was awesome). But the thing I want to talk about right now is what my best friend made for us.

Kyle has been my best friend for 12 years now. She was my maid of honor and basically is (as she puts it), my sister from another mister. And this is what she gave us (along with some other really cool items):

(stolen from her facebook)

In case you don't know, this is Mike Ness, the front man for Social Distortion. Which of course is the band that wrote Highway 101. And is mine and Rob's favorite band of all time. This drawing is based on an actual photo, and when we first saw it, Rob thought it was a photograph. This picture doesn't even do it justice... it is so vibrant and detailed in person.

So what I am trying to say is she is pretty talented. Also, she does custom work... tattoos, drawings, etc. (Visit her blog!)

Thanks again Kyle! Rob and I love it!

No comments: