Friday, February 11, 2011

Goals for the next month

I am surely but slowly finishing up my 30 items, and the next one on the list is my goals for the next month. The main goal I have is to do what I always say I want to do. Simple, huh.

I really want to get in a better routine of working out because I have been so tired lately. One of the best ways for me to feel energized is to be active. Unfortunately between the weather and my extreme fatigue these past few weeks, it has been difficult.

I also want to get back in the habit of meal planning. I love to cook but lately I just haven't been feeling it. Food has lost its appeal and I aim to change that. My husband has been very good about this, not complaining while he makes his ramen for the third time in a week, but I know that we would both prefer to get back to eating regular meals.

Another goal is to move forward with a several business ideas that I have. First, Rob and I are trying to work out the details of a business with our good friends, Ellen and Jorge. I have a lot of faith in this and am excited to see where it could go. I also have dreams of an Etsy shop and maybe some vendor booths at some of the fairs this summer. I've talked to my friend Kyle and my mother about joining forces but now I really need to work hard to make it happen.

And last but not least, I need to figure out what to do with my unfinished back yard. This definitely needs to happen by March so that we are prepared to act before Colorado's other hellacious weather setting kicks in: extreme heat (accompanied by unrelenting sun). Which I love, but not for doing yard work.

My back yard is small and shouldn't be this big of a problem, but it is. No sprinklers and no desire to put them in when I am 87.9% sod would be a bad idea with the dogs anyway. About 50% of the yard is already rock, and I would like to avoid making it 100% rock. So what do we do? Our dogs can be a little... wild, so we have our grass and garden in the front. I see a lot of landscaping stalking in my future. :)

The good news is that today I am feeling inspired for the first time in a while. Maybe it is the promise of clear skies and highs in the 50s, or maybe it's me finally getting adjusted to some of the changes in my life, but either way, I am feeling pretty confident about acheiving these goals.

5 comments:

Monica said...

Vitamin D3 10,000 IU will help with the fatigue and also the Seasonal Affective Disorder symptoms....

Nicole said...

Hi Monica! How have you been? I had a co-worker recommend vitamin D so I bought a bottle but I've yet to take them! I guess I should take that leap, since now multiple people have suggested it!

Monica said...

I am well, nice blog dude!
Yeah, it is a multi faceted vitamin, if you are unsure of the dosage you can do 2000 IU to be safe, but 10,000 is a therapeutic dose that will prop you up quickly.

It will boost your immune system and just help with all array of issues that come with winter..

Anyways, hope you can get your goals underway! :)

Carly Anne said...

It’s amazing how much of a difference the weather can make in your motivation… We’re nearing the fifties out here as well and I’ve been a cleaning machine.

XO
Carly

all this grace and charm
http://allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

Having a break from the snow was nice... of course, it won't last. :( But it gave me the motivation I needed for a few weeks at least.