Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Something I am missing

Between the weather and boredom, I am currently missing California something fierce. My family, our friends, beaches, Disneyland... yeah, it's been 3 months since our last trip, time for another (I wish!).

Second to that, I am missing summer. I hate, hate, hate snow and this time of year is always rough on me. I love the summer, the fall, and by the time December rolls around I am ready for the novelty of a snowstorm or two. About half way through January I find myself in a horrible mood that doesn't usually abate until oh, June. Because it can snow in Colorado until oh, May.

Notice how I skipped spring. Coloradans claim to experience 4 seasons, but spring tends to be either an extension of winter or an early taste summer (usually both at once), so it doesn't count. Maybe I am being a little harsh, but it's hard to be optimistic when I'm staring out the window at blindingly white ice and snow and watching the temperature drop before my eyes.

Okay, that is enough complaining. Time to go to my happy place. :)

2 comments:

Carly Anne said...

I'm in Chicago with the same sentiment... Hang tight, remember how much sweeter summer is when you've "earned" it. ; )

XO
Carly

all this is grace and charm
http://allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

Oh yes, I've heard Chicago has been hit bad this winter. And you are very right abour earning it! That is good perspective I need to keep in mind.