Friday, March 18, 2011

Checking In.

I hope everyone had a fantastic St. Patrick's Day. I am not the sort to go out on big drinking holidays (even before I was pregnant) so last night was low-key. Rob and I (along with my mother and her co-worker) volunteered serving dinner at a local women's homeless shelter. It was a really good experience. Only 2 hours of our time and everyone was very polite and appreciative.

My work has been crazy for the last few weeks. I feel so far behind and out of it, I am just waiting to get back to a comfortable feeling place. It takes a lot out of me and I really wish it didn't. I am so ready for the weekend.

And in other news, Rob and I have scheduled our 20 week appointment (the one with ultrasound!). If the baby is cooperating that day, we will know on April 13th if we have a son or a daughter. I have been having such a symptom-free pregnancy (minus some fatigue and sciatica) that it still doesn't feel real. This week we started to clean up our spare bedroom so that we can begin the transformation to nursery. That is pretty exciting. I have a basic color scheme in mind (slightly different accent colors for boy vs girl), and we would like to get the room painted in the next month so we can spend the rest of the pregnancy slowly putting it all together.

I feel like I should start doing more to document this time. For example, last week Rob and I went to a little in-store concert (Slim Cessna's Auto Club, our favorite Denver band), and I thought that it would be a good idea to document all the little things that I did while I was pregnant. Sort of a baby's first concert moment (although I think that was actually the 2nd or 3rd band we've seen play since I found out). And now that there is a good chance that the baby can hear our voices, Rob has started talking to him/her. I want to get it on video because it is adorable.

Okay, end to my randomness. My brain is fried this week.

No comments: