Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Greenest Office Building, like ever

My prison, uh, rather my office building, was featured in the Wall Street Journal yesterday. Just so you all know, it's not as glamorous as you may think, working in renewable energy. Someday you just want cubicle walls. And a space heater. And something to block the glare. And perhaps a parking lot that doesn't require a .8 mile shuttle ride. But I digress.

I don't mean to be negative because there is some really amazing technology that is being used but for an anti-social, chronically-cold person who wants to be on my way home EXACTLY at 5, not 5:22 after a nice leisurely shuttle ride, there are drawbacks to being environmentally-conscious.

Still very cool that we were in WSJ. It really would be nice to see other business embrace some of this technology/attitude because it really wasn't a huge adjustment, and my understanding is that it wasn't a huge cost either (compared to traditional new construction, that is). Obviously, like the article states, this building can't be reproduced in every climate, but there are bits and pieces that can be adapted almost anywhere.

Plus 50 years from now, I will totally look like I was a self-sacrificing pioneer for renewable energy's sake.


On a totally unrelated note, there is a camera crew here right now. I want to stare but they are panning all over the place. Right now! I need to know why!

No comments: