Monday, March 28, 2011

More Randomness


  • I am a bad blogger. I just don't feel like I have anything of interest to write these days. But then again, most of my favorite blogs aren't really about much either, so who cares?

  • I am taking a digital photography class and my theme for the next 5 weeks (from which my final project will be compiled) is hot rods and hot rod parts. Totally appropriate, as some of my favorite photos of mine are from car shows. Totally not appropriate for March/April/May in Colorado.

  • The only really bad pregnancy symptom that I have experienced so far is headaches. I brought it up at every doctors appointment so far and have been given the following suggestions: drink more water, eat more regularly, eat less refined sugar, and finally, nothing can be done, it goes with the territory. Finally at my last appointment, the doctor told me to start drinking more coffee. I was a coffee drinker before I got pregnant, and while I didn't cut it out completely, I didn't have it daily, either. Now I am back at a cup of day and my headaches have been less often. So, yay coffee.

  • Rob and I stopped at Starbucks this morning (I waited in the car), and he bought me a whoopie pie. He said it looked like an American macaron and instantly I was in a good mood. He clearly remembered Autumn '09, when we scoured all of Denver looking for the real deal, which we never did find. Plus, it was red velvet, which is (as silly as this sounds), "our" dessert. Maybe not the most nutritionally sound way to start the day, but some days awesome is more important than nutrition.

  • As I was writing this, I realized that I forgot to put on deodorant this morning in my mad rush to get out the door. Luckily I keep a travel size deodorant at work for such occasions.

  • We have colors and a loose theme picked out for the baby's room. We want it to be modern and comfortable, but not overly girly nor too boyish - no sports themes or giant butterfly murals. So we are painting the walls gray, leaving our trim white, and then integrating yellow and blue for the accent colors. Yes, gray and yellow has been featured on an awful lot of nurseries over the past year or two, but I still really like it. We will use more navy blue if it is a boy, and more aqua if it is a girl. It may sound odd, but I have pulled fabrics and rugs, etc. and it all looks good together so far.

  • I looked around on Etsy for a mobile and I decided that everything that I could afford (meaning under $50), I could easily make. So that is my project for the week. If it turns out well, I will share. If it sucks, this is the last you will ever hear of it.

  • My other project for the week is finishing up my "slice of Denver" post for Sometimes Sweet. Which I offered to do, oh, 6 months ago, and never got around to doing.

  • I still don't look discernably pregnant at 18 weeks. I mean, I can tell, and Rob can tell, but I don't think someone who didn't see me naked all the time could. Which is sad because I have definitely gained a little weight (don't know how much, I haven't looked at a scale in 10 years... even at the doctors I ask close my eyes and ask them not to say the number out loud), and I'm out of my regular size jeans (2/4). Oh well, I guess I won't be one of those women who only gains a belly. And being pregnant hasn't made me any less obsessed with my size, although now I don't have any negative feelings about what I see. I still can't stop scrutinizing my body inthe mirror multiple times a day - I guess old habits die hard. I just can't wait to see the baby and feel the baby, so that it all becomes a little more real.

  • And my final random thought, my grandma is on Facebook. I never thought I'd see the day, but one of my uncles set her up. I hope she actually uses her account. On my mom's side of the family, all of my uncles, aunts, and cousins have accounts, although not all of them use their accounts consistantly.

1 comment:

gin said...

I had terrible headaches too! Hopefully it will pass soon!