Thursday, April 14, 2011

The end of an era

Today marks a sad day: the end of my carpool with Rob. Up until this week, Rob worked at a large Toyota Dealorship that was about half a mile from NREL. But he is leaving the cut throat dealorship world for greener pastures (literally!). And while I think this new will be awesome on so many reasons, I am going to really miss driving to and from work with him, and I will especially miss meeting him for lunch. He was the only thing that kept sane so many days, and the chance to escape my semi-cubicle for an hour was a welcome respite. Since the parking for NREL is a mile away from the building (seriously, we have to shuttle in) this will probably be the end to me leaving for lunch, period. But on the other hand, I am so proud and happy that he will be working in a more positive and friendly environment, and he will able to put his skills toward a progressive company rather than line the pockets of already-rich-enough jerks (automotive techs really don't get enough recognition in the industry, either metaphorically or through compensation). It will be a great opportunity for him to get into a company on the ground floor, and all indications point to the Green Garage really taking off big time. So anyway, sad for me, happy for my awesome husband.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

OH MY GAWD!!! I am a horrible friend!! I almost totally forgot you had a blog!! i'm going to read all of what i have been missing now that i have time off from school! love and miss you!!!

Nicole said...

Hi Ellen! Don't worry, I very rarely say anything worthwhile on my blog, lol!