Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Random Thoughts

  • Last week's ultrasound confirmed that the baby is swallowing amniotic fluid and therefore should be able to taste what I am eating. Since I really want an adventurous eater, I am now trying extra hard to eat a varied diet. Rob and I enjoy a lot of different food, so this is the perfect excuse to, for example, hit up the Indian buffet as often as possible.
  • Rob and I can't decide if we should just roll with the inconclusive results, or if we should schedule another ultrasound. It won't matter one way or the other in the end, and it would probably cost me more money to know since I would be compelled to buy an entire wardrobe immediately after finding out. A lot of people recommended 3D ultrasounds, which look kinda cool and are pretty affordable, but then again that money might be better put toward newborn pictures. We are leaning towards just not quite knowing, although we both think girl.
  • 1 day into Rob abandoning me (aka switching jobs), I really hate the shuttle situation at my work. It is such a waste of time.
  • It's almost Easter. Which means it is almost time for the most delicious day of the year. Once a year, on Easter, my mother carries on the generations old tradition of making pizza piena and pizza dolce. Of course those are just generic recipe names (stuffed bread and sweet bread), and every Italian family has their own version, but my family looks forward to ours every year. It is an overdose of cheese, meat, and eggs, all wrapped up in tasty pizza dough, although not the type of pizza dough you are thinking of. My mom is forcing me (a pregnant woman, how dare she!) to help cook it this year, so that I can be the one talked into doing it in the future (it is a time consuming process with lots of imprecise measurements).
And that is it for now. Today is day off and I have lots of things to put off doing. :)

2 comments:

Carly Anne said...

That bread sounds killer. I come from a very Irish lot and family meals are never that exciting... Although there is often whiskey involved to make up for it. ; )

XO
Carly

All This Grace and Charm
http://allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

gin said...

I had to cook Thanksgiving Dinner when I was pregnant; so I feel ya. Just make sure you don't have to do the cleaning!