Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Week 23

I'm starting to look pregnant to the outside world! At least when I'm wearing something semi-tight. Here are some photos that Rob took right before we went out to a show (Three Bad Jacks) last Friday.

This past week was the first time I was sure I felt the baby moving, and it really is an amazing feeling. I wasn't worried that it took so long since the doctor told me I had an anterior placenta, but now that I can feel the baby every day, I feel so relieved. Friday night the baby was going crazy and Rob was actually able to feel a little kick! It was very lucky timing since the baby is still pretty small (well, if you can call nearly a foot long and nearly a pound in weight small), and it was awesome to see how excited Rob was to have felt it.

I've been focusing on eating different flavors (since the baby can taste via amniotic fluid), listening to music (since the baby can hear), and dancing around (the baby's sense of motion should be developed by now). I still can't wrap my head around how amazing pregnancy is. I've said it before, and I will say it again. It seems so normal until it happens to you, then it becomes insanely miraculous. Not a day goes by that I don't remind myself that there is indeed another human being inside of me.

And on a completely unrelated note, I wanted to share this song: El Camino Real by Lee Dresser. It is one of my (and Rob's) favorite. We heard the song for the first time at VLV last year and after several hours of research were able to track down the name and artist, and even found the record on Ebay! Our record player broke during a tragic credenza moving accident and we haven't had the chance to fix it yet, so I've been going through record withdrawls. So let's just enjoy the YouTube version....

1 comment:

Kim Bombshell said...

One of my favorite songs!