Thursday, June 23, 2011

Father's Day, a little late

Happy Father's Day to all the great dads of the world! That of course includes my own father, who has done more for me than I will ever be able to thank him for (including free tech support), my FIL, who helped shape my husband into the man he is, and of course, Rob.

Rob isn't technically a father yet, but he is in his head and heart and his enthusiasm is unwavering. I have no doubts that he will be an amazing dad. I know that mistakes will be made and that no one is perfect, but the passion and dedication that man has for his family (anyone who he considers family that is, blood or otherwise) is unmatched. I can't wait to see him holding his child for the first time. He hasn't expressed any ambivalence about this journey to parenthood (honestly, unlike me, even though I was the one who brought up children first). Once he is onboard with something, he is there 100%, no in-between.

So Happy Father's Day to you too, Rob.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Very well said, Nicole! Tell Rob Happy Father's day for us.. if we didn't already..lol. we love that guy!! <3