Thursday, June 9, 2011

Music Time

It's been a busy week. Rob has been working a lot, there are a lot of changes and projects going on at my job, we are still trying to get ready for baby, and we are going on vacation next week! Rob was born in Colorado, but spent ages 4-16 in Minnesota. I had never been so we decided to take a mini vacation (5 days) and hit up one of the country's largest car shows at the same time. His parents will be out there at the same time, so it will be mostly a family vacation, but we did book a hotel room for a few nights so that we could have some "couple" time too. We may take one more weekend trip later this summer, but aside from that, this will be our last pre-baby trip! These pictures are from Sunday, when we headed out to The People's Fair in Denver. I'm a little bigger every day!

I also want to highly recommend three albums I bought in the past week: Codes and Keys (Rob especially has a soft spot for Death Cab), Nick 13, and Give The Drummer Some. All really fantastic albums.

And to catch up on my thirty days of songs:

A song I can dance to - Big Sandy, Jumping from 6 to 6. Love Robert!




A song from my favorite band - Don't Drag Me Down from Social Distortion. I have a very emotional reaction to this song. It's intense. I would love to get a tattoo based on this song some day.



A song (that I actually like) from a band that I normally hate - Analog by Strung Out. I guess "hate" is a little strong of a word, but Rob and I have this little disagreement about this band. He thinks they are awesome, I don't. I like my punk more gutter, he grew up on the more poppy, musically technical stuff. But out of respect to him, I will post a strung out video on my blog. Nice wife, huh? Oh, and I did go see them in concert with him last year. It wasn't terrible.



A guilty pleasure - Bruno Mars


A song that no one would expect me to like - Nympethamine, Cradle of Filth. Yes, for some reason I am oddly enthralled by COF. I don't know why, I try not to think about it too much, but I'm not usually much for the industrial/goth scene, so I think it's unexpected.



And for fun, here is a video off of the Travis Barker solo. I actually like a fair amount of hip-hop: Atmosphere, The Transplants, Brother Ali, Murs, things of that ilk. So it shouldn't be surprising that I love this album. I do have to admit that I was a little surprised at some of the lyrics because I don't often listen to artists like Snoop Dog or Lil Wayne. So this one of our many cds that probably not played around the baby. But tell me that this song isn't catchy...


Oh, and one more... A third song about Highway 101 that Rob and I love (Besides Highway 101 and El Camino Real). Don't tell anyone, but Rob shed a little tear when he first heard this song.


2 comments:

Carly Anne said...

Live up the last pre-baby trip! MN is great - I grew up spending a lot of summers there. :)

Nicole said...

I'm very excited about it, actually. I'm a coastal girl, grew up on the west, vacationed on the east, but have never been in the middle (except for Colorado, obviously). This will be the first vacation in a while where I just won't know what to expect!