Monday, August 29, 2011

40 Weeks


Today is my due date. Still no baby. According to the doctor, there is some progress (1 cm dilated, 70% effaced, but they still dropped the "I" word on me. I'll go back on Friday for some tests (unless I go into labor on my own before then), then probably schedule the induction for sometime next week.

I really would like to avoid any unnecessary medical intervention, so I'm trying to stay positive that labor is just around the corner. I have to admit that I am a little humbled by this. I assumed that since my pregnancy was so easy and my body handled it so well, that I would have a quick and easy labor somewhere around the 38 week mark. No such luck. On a semi-related side note, every time I start a self-dialogue about how cute I look in a particular outfit or how great of a hair day I am having, I walk into a wall or some nonsense. I guess this is the maternity version of that...

Still feeling great, and the baby is doing well, so I still consider myself very lucky. The anxiety is about to kill us, but nothing can be done about that. Like Rob said, it went from "oh, this is exciting, when will the baby be here?!" to "Seriously, when will the baby be here?!" in the past week. Keep in mind that we found out I was pregnant on December 18th, 2010. I think I have been patient long enough! Today I'm at work, but I'm thinking about telecommuting the rest of the week. Or at least tomorrow. If one more person points out that I haven't had my baby yet, I may just cry.


1 comment:

gin said...

Baby will come when he/she is good and ready. Don't let them rush her and make sure to take care of yourself!