Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful

I really am a very lucky person and I really could use more thankfulness in my life. So I am going to spend the next week focusing on all the good in my life.

Today, I am thankful for having a sweet and devoted husband, who is usually nice to me even when I am not nice to him.

There is a cookie exchange at work today and I have been so busy that it was barely on my radar. He went to the grocery store on his way home from work yesterday even though he had been at work since 5:30 am (a news crew taped a segment that his company wanted him to be in) to buy me the butter I needed. Then, when I fell asleep on the couch while my dough was chilling, he took it upon himself to finish baking them for me (keep in mind this is after I woke up in a fit of rage, then went back to sleep because I was so damn mad at myself). When I woke up and realized that he finished baking my cookies, hand-rolling everyone in cinnamon sugar, I did not treat him the way I should of.

I was still mad that I fell asleep, annoyed that my cookies didn't come out the way I wanted them to (not anything Rob did, our oven just sucks), sad that I only had an hour with my daughter after work before she went to bed, and I hate to say it, but I took it all out on Rob. I was a total and complete brat when I should have been THANKFUL that I have a husband that loves me that much.

So thank you Rob, thank you a million times over. I'm so glad to know that you will be the kind of Dad who will bake cupcakes for school (do schools still let you do that?), even if it is last minute notice. I'm so glad to know that you have my back, even when I am being less than gracious. I love you, and I am thankful for you.

Semi-related: He's the cute one working on the car in the background.
http://www.kdvr.com/videobeta/?watchId=cc550fdd-8bfb-41c4-94c3-83d9b096dcb8%3Fvideo%3DYHI&t=a

No comments: