Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankful

Yesterday I spent the day being thankful for my mother. She more than a mother to me, she is a best friend. She is my role model and I can only hope to be as a good of a mother to Nora as she was too me and my siblings. She is hands down the most generous person I know (next to my husband - I am lucky, I know), and is also unfaltering kind and is the opposite of judgmental. Best of all - she has all that and a wicked sense of humor. And while I am thankful for the rest of my quirky family, since becoming a mother I appreciate my own so much more.

Today I am thankful for the rest of the crew. My family (immediate and extended) is loud and emotional and often dysfunctional, but always loving. I am also thankful for my husband's family. In many ways we grew up differently, (midwest vs west coast, WASP-ish vs Italian immigrant influences, small family vs large family, etc.), but in the most important ways, we grew up similarly: very loved. I am excited to share both families' legacies with Nora - she will never be without amusing family stories!

No comments: