Monday, November 7, 2011

Two Months




I remember sitting in the doctor's office when she was three days old and we saw another (adorable) baby in the waiting room. He was so cute, but he looked huge next to our tiny baby. So we were blown away when we found out that Tino was only two months old. We looked at our tiny baby and thought about how far away two months seemed.

Turns out, it was not as far away as we thought.


Nora had her two month appointment today. I can't believe it, I really can't. She's now 10 lbs, 13 oz and 23 inches long. We are so lucky to have such a healthy little girl.

I'm starting to see her personality a little more every day. She loves being around people, which is no surprise considering that we had so much family around in the first weeks. Plus, we took her every where pretty early on. She loves her swing and her new activity mat, but only when someone is still sitting near her. I guess she takes after her daddy in that way (center of attention, cough cough). The down side is that she has a hard time napping unless someone is holding her, laying down with her, or carrying her. Thank god for the Moby wrap! She also naps pretty well in the car and the swing. I've taken the Happiest Baby on the Block Approach and am not worried about "spoiling" her at this age. For now I am just trying to enjoy the affection.



She also loves baths. I'm so happy that she is a water baby since I spent so much of my childhood in the pool and around the ocean. I took her in my mom's whirlpool a few weeks back and she had such a good time. She even liked when the jets where on (low, of course). Tonight she kicked and squealed in her bath until she was a little prune!

She is now holding up her neck on her own and is so active. She is always kicking her legs and loves "standing." We hold her up with her feet on our knees and she stiffens her whole body. Even in her swing she loves to just kick away. Just yesterday Rob said that he thought we had another "Dancing Danny" on our hands. Daniel, of course, being my brother. As a child he couldn't sit still. At age four, at one of our uncle's wedding, he proclaimed himself a "dancing fool."It's a well-told childhood tale.*



These past two months have been amazing and I can't wait to see what the next month brings!





*Side note: My sister and I took dance lessons as children (I took lessons for over 10 years, even dancing en pointe for a while). Rob's sister danced competitively growing up and is now a Broncos Cheerleader (so weird to think if you have only met Rob).  Rob is all around very physical and played soccer and hockey and wrestled for a year or two. So Nora has it in her genes!

No comments: