Saturday, July 21, 2012

I scream, You scream, We all scream...

I'm not good at keeping this blog up. I'm not even going to pretend like that will ever change. Anyway... my baby will be 1! in 6 weeks. Bittersweet. That means party planning time. I probably haven't mentioned it before, but I hate parties. I love planning them but having them gives me anxiety. It's probably due to the fact that we have no friends. Seriously. Okay, we have a few friends, but not really enough to have parties with. So there is that. And I hate going to them because I always feel awkward. Even at my own parties.

But being a fairly creative and crafty person, I really do enjoy the planning part of things. So I have been focusing on that instead of the fact that in a few short weeks, my little girl will officially be more toddler than baby. We're not really looking to do anything over the top, but we do have a cute theme and some good ideas floating around (hint: look at the title of this post). More details when my invites are done and mailed out.

I'll leave you with this picture of Nora. She was making a silly face for the camera.


4 comments:

Carly Anne said...

Honestly, where has the time gone?

Nora is looking darling as ever as she enters toddler-hood, in any event.

Erica Castillo said...

i feel awkward at my own parties too. thankfully my husband is very talkative & does enough for the both of us. he wasn't at my baby shower, though, and it was anxiety city.

Nicole said...

Thanks Carly!

Erica, my husband is like that too, luckily. He did go to my baby shower, which is great because I couldn't rely on my usual awkward party solution - a couple drinks.

Kyle said...

It'll be awesome... you just have to try and enjoy it instead of worrying. If you need help with anything, let me know. :)