Monday, August 6, 2012

Random Thoughts, and a lot of them

  • Bullets make long-winded, semi-coherent ramblings seem more organized, right?
  • My husband and I have pretty similar taste in music (eclectic with a POV based in punk and rockabilly), with a few exceptions. For example, he can't see the appeal of The Cure, and I pretty much hate Rob's favorite band from his teenage years, Strung Out. Don't know why, but I cannot stand them. I was so in my head this morning that I was already to work before I realized that I had been listening to them the whole damn drive. I guess you could argue that since I didn't notice it didn't bother me that much, but I was certainly aggravated once I realized.
  • There is a little spider in my bathroom, in the corner of my shower. He is small and in a rather hard spot to reach so thus far I have let him live. He doesn't seem to move much which has led me to wonder if he was plotting something. Like, observing my habits so that he can plan a thorough attack. The minute shampoo is in my eye, bam, he goes straight for the jugular. I'm only half joking.
  • Not the same spider. This one was way ballsy-er - building a freaking web right in front of our front door? Well played spider, well played.
  • My parents offered to take Nora to California with them (they drove out this weekend) so that Rob and I can spend some time together when we first fly into CA. Also so that my grandma can be a baby hog before the rest of the family gets in next weekend. I miss her terribly, but I am happy knowing that she gets to meet some of her family that she doesn't see often. Most of my family she will be meeting for the first time this trip.
  • Gradual weaning didn't go well. I stopped pumping a few weeks ago, but for some reason, Nora started wanting to nurse more. Of course I let her -very short sessions, less than 5 minutes at a time, and only a few times a day so I thought it would be fine. Very, very wrong. Apparently that wasn't gradual enough for my body to adjust, and I am paying the price. Oh, and Nora refuses to drink cow's milk so this past week she has only drank juice and whole milk yogurt smoothies. Do I feel guilty for weaning on my schedule, not hers, only to have her refuse milk? You bet your sweet ass I do. And engorgement is the penance I must suffer.
  • I don't have a lot of friends, but I do have some awesome ones. I spent Saturday with my best friend Kyle, and she always makes me feel better. She doesn't mind my semi-coherent ramblings. :)
  • We are also less than a week away from seeing some other really good friends of ours, the Garcias. They "get us" so much more than most of the other people we know. Too bad they live several states away.
  • Rob and Jorge

    
    Ellen and me
    
  • Also on the docket for this week - 8/8/12 is our 4th(!) wedding anniversary. Oh, and 8/10 my 3rd anniversary at NREL. Or as I like to refer to it "Happy Partially Vested in a Pension Plan Day!"
  • From my wedding, not my first day of work.
  • I have gone through and edited several hundred photos, taken over the course of the last 6 months. I should post some. I was specifically looking to do a "12 months of Nora" project and I have some really cute ones.

3 comments:

Erica @ Mi Todo said...

you know what's weird? i wasn't a fan of strung out for the majority of my life either. i hated them in high school and thought they were too emo. in college i went to a guttermouth/strung out show and left after guttermouth played. then, a couple of years ago, i started to like them, and now i listen to them all the time. not all the albums, though... mostly exile in oblivion.

Carly Anne said...

Congrats on 4 years! That's awesome.

Sorry to hear about your weaning woes. I'm sure guilt is inevitable, but hopefully you can sleep soundly knowing that you've done the best you can for her!

Kyle said...

Thanks for the nod, Nicole. ;) And it's true: I really don't mind your semi-coherent ramblings. Truth be told, more of them are coherent than not. :)